The government has made £20 million available through the SME Brexit Support Fund. Provided you meet certain eligibility criteria, HMRC may provide funding towards the costs of training and/or professional advice, to help you with changes to trade rules with the EU.
What grants are available through the grant scheme?
Traders can apply for up to £2,000 in total through two types of grants:
Grant for Training: The grants can be used to provide training on the following:
1) How to complete customs declarations
2) How to manage customs processes and use customs software and systems
3) Specific import and export related aspects including VAT, excise and rules of origin
Grant for Professional Advice: The grant can be used to get professional advice, so your business can meet its customs, excise, import VAT or safety and security declaration requirements.
To be eligible for this funding your business must:
- be established in the UK
- have been established in the UK for at least 12 months before submitting the application, or currently hold Authorised Economic Operator status
- not have previously failed to meet its tax or customs obligations
- have no more than 500 employees
- have no more than £100 million turnover
- import or export goods between Great Britain and the EU, or moves goods between Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Your business must also either:
- complete (or intend to complete) import or export declarations internally for its own goods
- use someone else to complete import or export declarations but requires additional capability internally to effectively import or export (such as advice on rules of origin or advice on dealing with a supply chain)
|Six simple steps to apply for the SME Brexit Support:
|1. Find a course or qualification that you think works for you
|2. Register for an account with PwC and apply for a grant here
|3. Request a quote for the chosen course to upload to your grant account for approval (email [email protected] and we can send you a quote)
|4. Book & pay for the training course or qualification
|5. Submit claim form through your PwC account with proof of payment
|6. Your funds will be paid within 30 days of your claim
You can find out more about the SME Brexit Support Fund here: www.customsintermediarygrant.co.uk/sme-grants-available
Applications will close on 30 June 2021 or earlier if all funding is allocated before this date.